- We DO NOT sell any animal until it is a minimum of 8 weeks old. Please do not ask us to sell them any younger. We won't.
- To us their is NO different between a 4H rabbit and a Show rabbit. Yes, it is less expensive to get a DQ'd rabbit to try to show, but what is your child learning?
- If we feel that animal will not be cared for properly, then we have a right to not sell the animal to you.
- We sell show quality rabbits with pedigrees, and we reserve the right to sell a pet quality animal without a pedigree. We may also occasionally have rabbits with no pedigree available of any quality.
- We do not travel beyond the nearest town to us to sell any animal. We will gladly meet a rabbit transporter in the nearest town to us but we must be sure the rabbits are in good hands before releasing them to the transporter. Once the rabbits are in the hands of the transporter or buyer, we are no longer responsible for their welfare. For safety and biosecurity reasons, our barn is now a closed barn. We will transport all rabbits to the nearest town to us, free of charge, for the potential buyer's inspection. Rabbits must be fully paid for at the time of purchase before being released to either the buyer or the transporter. Payments or payment arrangements can be made in advance.
- We do not ship rabbits. Period. We will, however, work with a transporter if we believe our rabbits to be in good hands with them.
- If you purchase a show quality animal we guarantee at the time of purchase there are no DQs on the animal that we know of. If the animal gets a DQ after it's sold, we are no longer responsible. Show quality does not mean the rabbits will win any shows, it just means they have no DQs and can be shown.
- Brood quality may carry DQs, but only if they are not likely to be able to be passed onto the offspring or can be negated if paired correctly, such as a "charlie", which when paired with a "solid", may result in show-quality offspring. We do not guarantee either the quality of breeding stock as suitable for breeding, which is only determined by actually breeding, or their offspring. Use due diligence when selecting a mate for your rabbit. We are not responsible for the quality of your rabbit's kits.
- We will do our best to point out the faults of the animal in question when asked. Please feel free to point out any faults we may have missed as well as we are human and may make mistakes.
- We are not responsible for what a junior rabbit may become in the future. It is your responsibility to understand the risk in purchasing a junior rabbit for show.
- We will not pay any vet bills, once the animal is in the hands of the new owner, we are no longer responsible.
- If a sold rabbit dies or becomes ill within 12 to 24 hours of in the hands of the new owners, we may, at our option, provide a new rabbit at no cost, the same breed, sex and variety or a full refund. The body of the dead rabbit must be returned to us for a full examination within 12 to 24 hours. The owner must prove to us, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the death or illness is the fault of our rabbitry and not owner negligence, abuse or an accident. They must report to us within 12 hours of the rabbit becoming ill or dying. You may have to wait a considerable amount of time to receive your replacement if we don't currently have one like it. We reserve the right, if you are incapable of waiting and refuse a refund, to select a replacement rabbit from another rabbitry.
- We do not refund or replace rabbits purchased from fairs or other venues where they will be away from our barn for an extended period of time. All rabbits must have all illnesses and injuries sustained in our barn and unnoticed (that we missed somehow - we're human, We do not sell injured or sick stock if we are aware of their injury or illness) reported to us within the 12-24 hour time period after purchase or the entire warranty is void. You must contact us for advice if the rabbit does fall ill, regardless of place or time of purchase. If the rabbit dies from an illness that could have been easily treated and there was no treatment, this and all warranties, expressed or implied, are null and void. If it's something that cannot be treated at home, your local veterinarian most be contacted. Buzzy Bunnies Rabbitry is not responsible for veterinarian fees
- If you need to contact us for any reason, email is the most efficient way to get a hold of us. Our email address is email@example.com.
- And, yes, we would also like to hear how *well* they are doing!!! Photos, too, please!!! :) :) :)
- We accept cash ONLY at this time.
- All deposits must be made with cash. An email receipt for your deposit will be provided by request
- We will hold a rabbit for a deposit of approximately half the value of the rabbit at the time of request to hold, the balance of which MUST be paid within 7 days of you asking us to hold the rabbit. If not fully paid for by this time, the rabbit goes back up for sale. We will extend that if you have further contact with us and request it, assuming we have the cage space. If you need an extension, you must contact us within the 7 day time frame. We also reserve the right to charge a boarding fee of $2 per rabbit/day for extended long-term care, if necessary. Boarding fee applies to adult or weaned animals only. Deposits are non-refundable, unless otherwise stated in writing by us.
- If the rabbit is too young to be separated from its mother, full payment is due at the time of actual sale minus deposit. Boarding fees do not apply in this case as it is our policy to not separate the mother from her offspring until the kit reaches eight weeks
- If we sell a rabbit that is brood quality, it means they are not as good as show quality but would make potentially show-quality offspring when paired correctly. They are NOT considered show quality stock. Some brood quality rabbits may have DQs which we don't believe will be passed on to the offspring or may be negated by certain breeding programs, such as mismarks, short or long ears, or improper agouti-type rings.
- If the rabbit has DQs that would be passed on to the offspring when mated, it will be sold as pet-quality
- Buzzy Bunnies Rabbitry reserves the right to enforce or discard any of these rules on a situational basis.
Discounts and Fees
- Youth, FFA, and 4H get $5 - $10 discounts on selected animals.
- Discounts on Pairs or more, depending on breed $5 - $10 dollars off on Pairs, every rabbit after Pairs $5 discounts. Trios are $10-$15 off.
- When you buy two to three animals at a time, you may receive up to $5-$15 off when offered. If we haven't offered this discount, that means it probably doesn't exist. Be sure to ask, however, because we may have forgotten. If you see it in our advertisements, that is the correct price unless later corrected or changed
- Pairs are specified as one Buck, one Doe of the same breed, Trios are specified as 1 Buck, and 2 Does of the same breed. Do not be upset if we charge full price because you have picked an all buck or all doe trio.
- There will be only one discount per person per purchase, unless otherwise stated in writing by us.
- You are responsible for the animal(s) purchased. All animals purchased fall under this contract, even if you do not read this, these rules still follow if you have purchased any animal.
- It is your job to check the welfare of the animal. (Teeth, Eyes, Ears, Toenails, Ear Tattoo, Check Sex, etc++) both before and after the sale of any rabbit to ensure it's continuing health. We will recheck sex for free once at the time of purchase, to ensure there are no errors. It is also your job to care for the rabbit in any way you can after the sale, including taking it to the vet when necessary if there are no at-home treatment options or the at-home treatment options aren't working. We expect you to do no less than we, ourselves, would do.
- We charge a $2/day boarding fee. If you cannot pick up your rabbit within a week, we will add $2/day for their care and feeding, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by us.
- Please know this is not a business. We are not making a profit from these rabbits, but breeding for the love of the breed. We are as concerned about the welfare of these animals as you are, so please keep that in mind.
- Because we don't want our rabbits to end up in a pet shelter, should you purchase a rabbit from us and you cannot keep it for any reason, we will gladly take it back. Refunds will only be given at our option, but it's better to not get money from the breeder than to pay a shelter, isn't it?
- All rabbits we sell are purebreds to the best of our knowledge, unless otherwise stated.
- Some rabbits, though not all, have hormonal changes which can lead to aggression as they age. Please keep this in mind when you choose a bunny. Some rabbits do not make good pets for small children, as the child may frighten them into biting or scratching or may injure the rabbit.
Note to breeders:
Yes, we might be able to foster your orphaned kit or kits, please contact us to see if there's a doe currently available.